About Grameenphone [GP]
Grameenphone (Bengali: গ্রামীণফোন) (DSE:GP, CSE:GP), widely known as GP, is the leading telecommunications service provider in Bangladesh. With more than 32 million subscribers (as of June 2011), Grameenphone is the largest cellular operator in the country. It is a joint venture enterprise between Telenor and Grameen Telecom Corporation, a non-profit sister concern of the internationally acclaimed microfinance organization and community development bank Grameen Bank. Telenor, the largest telecommunications company in Norway, owns 55.8% shares of Grameenphone, Grameen Telecom owns 34.2% and the remaining 10% is publicly held.
Grameenphone was the first company to introduce GSM technology in Bangladesh. It also established the first 24-hour Call Center to support its subscribers. With the slogan Stay Close, stated goal of Grameenphone is to provide affordable telephony to the entire population of Bangladesh.
- Grameenphone was the first operator to introduce the pre-paid mobile phone service in Bangladesh in September 1999. It offers the pre-paid subscription under the name Easy Prepaid which is currently calld "shohoj,Bondhu,Apon,smile,spondon,Business Solution prepaid". Besides shohoj,Bondhu,Apon,smile,spondon,Business Solution, Grameenphone also offers a youth based mobile to mobile connectivity within Bangladesh named djuice'.
- Grameenphone also offers postpaid mobile service. xplore Postpaid is the name of its post paid service.
- Internet : Grameenphone provides internet service in its coverage area. As it has EDGE/GPRS enabled network, any subscriber can access to internet through this network. Grameenphone was the first mobile operator in Bangladesh to offer EDGE services to its subscribers.
- BillPay : A service to enable users to pay their utility bills Electricity/Gas through mobile.
- CellBazaar : A service to enable users sell or buy products through mobile or internet.
- Various other services like Stock Information, Instant Messaging, SMS Based Alerts/Services, Voice-based Services, Downloads, Music, Cricket Updates, Web SMS, Mobile Backup etc.
Grameenphone [GP] bill payment system Flexiload
Grameenphone was first in Bangladesh to introduce the innovative electronic bill payment system Flexiload, for our valued subscribers.
With Flexiload service, life becomes easy! No more need long queue or miss the time to the pay bill at the Bank. Moreover, barred phones will be automatically unbarred within a few minutes of paying bill through the Flexiload system. You can pay any amount of your billed or unbilled usage.
Bill payment through Flexiload
To pay your GP post-paid bill through this system, you need to visit your nearest Grameenphone authorized Flexiload retail outlets or points of sale with the Flexiload Post Paid signage. Upon choosing any amount between Tk. 50 to Tk.50,000 please provide your phone number to the retailer, the retailer will initiate the bill payment process from his mobile phone handset. After successful completion of the payment, both you and the retailer will receive a confirmation SMS. Once you have received the SMS your bill have been paid. It's that simple!
Prepaid account reload through Flexiload
To reload your pre-paid account please visit any of the nearest Grameenphone authorized scratch card retail outlets or points of sale displaying the Flexiload sign. Choose any amount between Tk.10 to Tk. 5,000, make the payment to the retailer, and the retailer will instantly reload your account from his mobile handset. After a successful reload, you will receive instant confirmation on your mobile handset through SMS.
Flexiload Balance Validity (prepaid)
Transferred Balance Validation
10 Taka-299 Taka
300 Taka-5000 Taka
365 days ( 1 Year )
To Know More About GP Please Visit : http://www.grameenphone.com/